Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ke$ha’s Lame Fashion Fail Stigmatizes Native Racism


FIRST OFF… Let me state that I am in no way shape of form a Ke$ha fan. And I hate that I even have to utter it’s name in my beloved .com that wholeheartedly and respectfully pays tribute to all our fine Native entertainers.

(SHUDDER) (ICK)

So it is with complete disgust that I go into her performance on American Idol. You know the one where she gets through half her atrocious song and dance and returns wearing a headdress or pityful attempt at a warbonnet.

I’ve had it up to my eyeballs with the pure incessant disrespect Native people endure. From situations like this to wannabe ‘holyman’ who want to smoke me with their cedar and take cash donations from the inside of his tipi/deathlodge. Enough is enough people. What more can I say or point out. Pride, honor and respect for our culture should be reason enough for us to stand together and let out voices be heard.

Letting time pass on this issue and being silent does nothing for our people. Or future generations. This bugs me. I am livid. Or better yet, I want to make this one of the nastiest messes she will ever find herself in. My first stop is her websites Ke$ha US and Ke$ha Canada. Then I’m sending American Idol an email. And lastly contacting Fox Broadcasting Company, 10201 W. Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90035, Phone:310-369-1000, Fax:310-369-1283, Viewer Comment Line:310-369-3066.