Thursday, April 23, 2009

LIV Nightclub in Fountainebleau

Fountainebleau is such a beautiful place!

Taryn Manning and her band Boomkat were there to play. I didn't stay (this and extenuating circumstances) and here's what happened, The two DJ's on stage were (for lack of a better adjective) not good. I actually heard the theme song from 'Life goes on', you know, the ob la di ob la da song that inspires kumbaya circles and group hugs. I was mortified! Maybe the dj's were under order to play something that the older crowd could dance to. Maybe thats what they have to play to keep the thugs out of such a schmancy establishment!? Who the eff knows.

To Contra and Danny Daze, In all fairness, Whose idea was it to make 'life goes on' sound danceable? Did someone put a gun to your head if you didnt play it? All Im saying is, It made me feel like I was at a 'trying to hard to be cool' club and you should give your mixing table to someone not as whack.